The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Field Office VI celebrated in the regional level the 71st anniversary of the agency by recognizing exemplary employees and partners yesterday.
“Nitong nakaraang mga buwan, hinamon muli ang ating katatagan sa pagtupad sa pinangakong maagap at mapagkalingang serbisyo dahil sa pinsalang dulot ng bagyong Odette habang tayo ay nasa pandemya. Ngunit, sa panahon ng pangamba mas ipinamalas ng Field office 6 sa ilalim ng pamumuno ni Director Ma. Evelyn Macapobre ang husay at kagitingan ng ating mga angels in red vest sa paglilingkod sa ating mga kababayan ng Western Visayas nang walang bahid ng alinlangan para sa kapakanan ng lahat ng mga nangangailangan,” said Secretary Rolando Joselito Bautista of DSWD who served as guest speaker during the activity.
DSWD6 commemorated the founding anniversary through awarding rites yesterday morning with Secretary Bautista inspiring the employees who attended physically at Diversion 21 in Iloilo City, and virtually in six other sites in Iloilo, Antique, Aklan, Guimaras, Capiz and Negros Occidental. This year’s theme is, DSWD @ 71: Napapanahon na Pagtugon sa Suliranin ng taong 2022 Kabalikat ng Katatagan ng bawat Pilipino.”
Also in attendance were Undersecretary Adonis Sulit and Asst. Secretary Rhea Penaflor of DSWD Central Office, Director Macapobre, and Assistant Regional Director for Operations Evangeline B. Felecio.
“Maraming salamat, FO VI, lalo na sa direksyon ni Director Macapobre, sa inyong walang humpay na serbisyo sa ating mga kapatid na lubos na nangangailangan. Even if this meant risking your health and sacrificing your time to be with your families, you pursued our plans and targets for the upliftment of the well-being of the Filipino people. Thank you for always contributing to the vision and mission of the DSWD in spite of the numerous challenges that came our way. I hope your drive and commitment to be of service will not diminish. Your relentless efforts will always be appreciated and we anticipate the future achievements you will contribute for the betterment of our country and our people,” said Secretary Bautista.
DSWD6 bagged nine national awards during the awarding of Program on Awards and Incentives for Service Excellence (PRAISE) last month. These offices/staff were conferred their awards in the regional level yesterday:
1. Pusong may Patas na Pagtrato sa Komunidad sa Larangan ng Pag-aanunsyo at Pamamahayag- Social Marketing Section
2. Pusong Maagap At Mapagkalinga – Disaster Response Management Division
3. Pusong Magiting Award – late Marlyn D. Millado
4. Pusong Tapat sa Paglilingkod – ARDO Evangeline B. Felecio
5. Best Center Based Social Worker – Ms. Frechie F. Grana
6. Best Technical Social Worker – Lisa Camacho.
7. Gawad HUWARAN -Mahuhusay, Wasto at Responsableng Lingkod Bayani ng DSWD) -Director Macapobre
8. Best Center-Home for Girls
9. Gawad Kalihim-ARDO Felecio
Also, the following received awards:
Under the PRAISE:
• Best Houseparent – Rita G. Tianga
• Best Administrative Staff – Argie c. Aungon
• Best Division Chief – Luna S. Moscoso of Promotive Services Division.
• Best Technical Staff – Carl Myson G. Dulla
• Best Community-Based Social Worker – Josephine P. Degala
• Best Support Office-Standards Section
• Best Operations Office-KALAHI CIDSS Regional Program Management Office
• PRAISE Innovation award-Human Resource Management and Development Division (HRMDD).
•. Rovie Christine V. Gonzales -10 years
• Roqueta C. Aquio – 15 yrs.
• Lilymor C. Caballero – 15 yrs.
• Corazon S. Cabrera – 15 yrs.
• Mary Joy F. Gemarino – 15 yrs.
• Jun T. Tercena – 15 yrs.
• Judith T. Barredo- 25 yrs.
• Lunie Q. Lasquite – 30 yrs.
• Bernardita A. Mates – 30 yrs.
• Geralyn B. Flores – 35 yrs.
• Marlyn L. Porras – 35 yrs.
• Haidee M. Suñe – 35 yrs.
• Elmo B. Blanco – 40 yrs.
Under, Gawad sa Paglilingkod sa Sambahayan (GAPAS):
• GAPAS Model LGU Implementing Day Care Services-San Jose, Antique
• GAPAS Award for Model LGU Implementing KALAHI-CIDDS-La Castellana, Negros Occidental
• GAPAS Award for Model LGU Implementing Pamilyang Pilipino Program-Cuartero, Capiz
• GAPAS Award for Good Convergence Initiative-Pan-ay, Capiz
• GAPAS Award for Model LGU Implementing SLP-Micro Enterprise Development Model-Calinog, Iloilo
• GAPAS Award for Model LGU Implementing SLP-Employment Facilitation Model-Cabatuan, Iloilo
• Best People’s Organization- Persons with Disability Affairs Office, Antique
Under Pagkilala sa Natatanging Kontribusyon sa Bayan (PaNata Ko sa Bayan) – Salamat Po awards:
• Salamat Po Award Best Foster Parent- Norberto and Bella Besana and Romer and Julie Añover
• Salamat Po Award Best Volunteer: Individual category- Lony B. Bañes, Medalla P. Balandra and Chile C. Murcia
• Salamat Po Award Best NGO- SIGNPOST Philippines Inc.
Special Recognition/ Citations
• Landbank of the Philippines
• Armed Forces of the Philippines, 3RD Infantry Division, Jamindan, Capiz
• Police Regional Office 6, Camp Martin Delgado, Iloilo City
• Department of Public Works and Highways – Region VI
• Philippine Coast Guard- Western Visayas
Addressing his message to the partners of the agency, Secretary Batista said, “Our sincerest thanks in supporting our initiatives to serve the marginalized segments of society. It is our fervent hope that we continuously work together in pursuing our priorities along social welfare and development. With our continued partnership and collaborative efforts, we can support and help more of our kababayans in building a better life for future generations.”
Secretary Bautista urged the employees to exert effort for digitalization of systems as a way of enhancing mechanisms considering the new normal.
He also instructed that in the implementation of the Mandanas ruling, there should be strengthened collaboration with Local Chief Executives to ensure smooth transition and execution of initiatives.
Added to this, he reiterated the call for vaccination, “Get vaccinated and get your booster shots as soon as possible. Let us bear in mind that this is not only for our protection but also for the well-being of our clients, colleagues, friends, families and our nation.”/dswd6