Job Opportunities List
Interested and qualified applicants should signify their interest in writing. Attach the following documents to the Online Application form.
1. Fully accomplished Personal Data Sheet (PDS) with recent passport-sized picture (CS Form No. 212, Revised 2017) and Work Experience Sheet (CS Form 212) which can be downloaded at www.csc.gov.ph;
3. Photocopy of certificate of eligibility/rating/license;
4. Photocopy of Transcript of Records and Diploma; and
5. Copy of certificate of relevant trainings and seminars attended.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS may apply online and attach their application letter together with other supporting documents addressed to the concerned officer below.
RYAN A. DE LA GENTE
Chief Administrative Officer
DSWD FO VI M.H. Del Pilar St., Molo, Iloilo City
Note: Qualified applicants will be notified thru text message and email.
Interested and qualified applicants regardless of gender, disability, civil status, ethnicity, religion, etc. may apply. Qualified applicants are advised to apply on or before the DEADLINE OF SUBMISSION. Submission of application beyond deadline will NOT be entertained. Incomplete documents will strictly not be accommodated. Click the button for more details of job vacancy. Click Here to Apply
|Position||Plantilla Item No.||Salary Grade||Monthly Salary||Education||Training||Experience||Eligibility||Competency||Place of Assignment||Deadline of Submission||Posting Date||No. of Vacancy||Job Description /Primary Tasks|
|TECHNICAL FACILITATOR - KALAHI||Cost of Service||17||Php 39,986.00 ||Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering||Four (4) hours training on managing community-based infrastructure projects and 8 hours on community development/poverty reduction||Minimum of one (1) year relevant civil works experience in small scaled rural community-based infrastructure Development, preferably with 6 months in foreign assisted||Preferably a Licensed Civil Engineer||he Technical Facilitator shall provide technical assistance to the Area Coordinating Team, Municipal Coordinating Team and the community volunteers of the different barangays on the implementation of the Community Empowerment Activity Cycle and ensure that community infrastructures built and managed by volunteers meet KC-prescribed design, construction and procurement processes and Project standards.||within Region VI||September 15, 2021||September 9, 2021|
|PROJECT DEVELOPMENT OFFICER I - SFP||COST OF SERVICE||11||Php23,877.00 ||Bachelor's degree preferably BS in Nutrition and Dietetics ||None Required||With experience in book keeping, preparation and analysis of financial reports ||None Required||a. With experience in book keeping, preparation and analysis of financial reports|
b. Knowledgeable in technical writing, communication skills and MS Office Applications
c. Capability to work in a fast-paced working environment, under pressure and multi-tasks
d. Positive attitude to work with minimum supervision and hardworking.
|Regional Office VI||September 27, 2021||September 22, 2021||1||1. Assist the Field Office in complying with in the thrust, directives and plans prescribed by the FO by responding to queries and providing technical assistance and guidance to LGUs particularly on financial concerns; |
2. Implement the monitoring and technical assistance plan for provincial office assigned to him/her.
3. Monitor fund utilization and submission of liquidation report by the LGUs.
4. Prepare technical reports based on monitoring of provincial performance and accomplishments;
5. Submit monthly consolidated Provincial status report on the utilization/management of funds of the LGUs with analysis and recommendation.
6. Monitoring and evaluation of SFP reports to ensure consistency of the data reflected in various accomplishment report;
7. Coordinate with the Local Government Units for the timely submission of liquidation report.
8. Review, consolidate and monitor physical accomplishment of the assigned province in coordination with the LGU focal person and FOs.
9. Review, assess and facilitate requests for fund augmentation, realignment, and transfer of funds, process payments and other similar concerns in coordination with the Budget Officer of the FO.
10. Review, consolidate and provide recommendation to the management, to respond to the issues/ concerns on funding.
11. Attends to meetings, consultation, and coordination with partners’/ service providers and other concerned agencies.
12. Perform other related tasks as assigned.
|SOCIAL WELFARE ASSISTANT - PANTAWID PAMILYA||CONTRACTUAL||8||Php18,251.00||2 years Studies in College Requirement: At least 72 academic units leading to a degree or has completed a relevant two-year collegiate/technical course||Four (4) hours relevant training||1 year of relevant experience||with CSC Eligibility is an advantage||Proficiency in MS Office applications-word, Excel and Ppt-required||Within Region VI||October 04, 2021||September 24, 2021||3||Facilitate distribution and retrival of compliance verification forms; Prepare summary of CVS forms distributed and retrieved and take note of issues and concerns on meeting the CVS distribution and retrieval and submission to C/ML for appropriate action; Facilitate coordination with schools and health centers relative to CVS monitoring and retrieval.|
|PROJECT DEVELOPMENT OFFICER II (PROVINCIAL GRIEVANCE OFFICER)||CONTRACTUAL||15||Php33,575.00||Bachelor’s degree relevant to the position(Preferably: Graduate of LLB,AB Political Science, Management and Social Sciences)||8 Hours of relevant training||1 year of relevant experience||with CSC Eligibility is an advantage||Proficiency in MS Office applications-word, Excel and Ppt-required||Within Region VI||October 04, 2021||September 24, 2021||1||Advocates grievance modes/channels; Review and analyze grievance reports and verify; monitor resolution of cases; database encoding and provision of resolution; provide feedback to concerned personnel, provide TA to MLs and CLs; Consolidate forms from CGO, review and analyze, verify with CGO, provision of resolution if possible, deliver to RGO (if not encoded), feedback to CGO; received referrals thru snail mail, email, network sites, reports and media, refer to CGO, provision of immediate redress, and feedback to RGO|