What is Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program?
• Pantawid Pamilya is a conditional cash transfer (CCT) program that provides cash grants to poor households with children 0‐14 years old and/or pregnant mothers, provided that they comply with the conditions set by the program.
• It is a social assistance program that provides conditional cash assistance to the poor to alleviate their immediate needs (short term poverty alleviation); and
• It is a social development program that aims to break the intergenerational poverty cycle through investments in human capital.
• Child rights protection
for Pantawid Pamilya?
1. A household may qualify for Pantawid Pamilya as a beneficiary if it satisfies two (2) criteria: At the time of the assessment, the household must (1) be classified as poor, based on the National Household Targeting System for Poverty Reduction (NHTS‐PR) and (2) have a pregnant woman and/or children 0‐14 years old as household member(s). Thus, being included in the NHTS‐PR list of poor households does not automatically qualify a household for Pantawid Pamilya. In the same manner, not all households with a pregnant woman or young children as members will qualify for the program.
2. During community assemblies, LGU representatives help in validating the list of household beneficiaries.
• Health and nutrition conditions require periodic checkups, growth monitoring, and vaccinations for children
0‐5 years of age; twice a year intake of de‐worming pills for children 6‐14 years old, pre and post‐natal care
for pregnant women and attendance of parents in family development sessions where responsible
parenthood is discussed.
• Education conditions include day‐care and school enrollment, attendance equivalent to 85 percent of school
days for children 3 – 14 years old.
• Both conditions are meant to improve the poor household’s economic prospects to help them move out of